Loopy Lotto. Know anything?

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:16 01 Nov 03

I get emails from Loopy Lotto on a regular basis, and very occasionally click on one of the ads, which automatically enters your numbers into a daily draw.

I received an email from them today informing me that because I had matched no numbers at all in one of the draws, I have won four days in Paris. There is a phone number to ring Mon-Fri to claim, but I am always suspicious of this type of thing.

Anyone had dealings with them before?

Cheers, Whiz...

graham√ 23:22 01 Nov 03

No such thing as a free lunch.

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:46 01 Nov 03

but I cant find the catch on the details they sent me.

pj123 23:49 01 Nov 03

I have a go at Loopy Lotto fairly regularly but have never won anything yet. If the phone number is a Premium Rate number I think I would be a bit wary. I always think "If I've won why do I have to claim, just send me the prize." I have had a few telling me I have won x amount but to claim it please send ?19.99 registration fee. Why can't they just deduct ?19.99 from the winnings and send me the rest??

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:04 02 Nov 03

It's a premium number (will check on that later) I think it was 0870.

It tells you what you get, and what you dont get (two items). The only cash they ask for is the ?2 p & p for the tickets.

Dunno, still sussy!

radi8or 07:01 02 Nov 03

seem to remember seeing an add on TV for lotto where if you didn't match any numbers you won a prize.
Maybe checkout lotto site?

good luck & congrats if you've won.

regards Bob

It does depend on if you actually want to spend 4 days in Paris :)
If it is only ?2 to get the tickets, it might be worth sending them a postal order (not a cheque) for that amount and see what happens.

spuds 12:14 02 Nov 03

There was an article in one of the major daily newspapers recently, about this type of thing. I think that you may find, that the terms and conditions of this offer, outweigh the actual prize value.Nothing is for free, in this world Barry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…