looks like its reinstall windows time...

AL47 16:50 08 Feb 09

firefox has been acting up, and now another program is crashing after launch, and i cant figure a solution

this time round, soon as everything is right im going to do a backup of the system, so should it happen again i wont have to go through the setting up

birdface 16:55 08 Feb 09

have you tried running your security programs.And maybe update Firefox to the latest 3.0.6 version

AL47 17:03 08 Feb 09

yeah, its no virus, and firefox is up to date

someone on here gave me the idea of doing a acronis [sp?] backup after a fresh install with all drivers, programs, etc, thats the bit that takes the time.

AL47 17:04 08 Feb 09

i often find with these problems its something deeper than a uninstall/reinstall it lies elsewhere

birdface 17:13 08 Feb 09

Maybe try this.click here 30 day trial but it will remove anything that it finds not like some programs that want paid for removing things.Worth a try.

birdface 17:19 08 Feb 09

oops you don't think it is a virus.Maybe a system restore to a time when it was running Ok.There is always a system repair where you dont loose your programs but someone else will have to help you with that.Acronis is about £20-£30 I think.but I cannot see the point of saving it if some of your programs are not running properly.

AL47 17:23 08 Feb 09

oh its a pay for thing

was thinking of actually doing it after the reeinstall, no, no point in doing it a this stage

birdface 17:25 08 Feb 09

After 30 days if you don't need it you just remove it.

birdface 17:28 08 Feb 09

[oh its a pay for thing]oops again I took it you meant the Trojan remover that I sent you.You mean Acronis yes you have to pay for that.And no 30 day trial with that.

canarieslover 17:32 08 Feb 09

There is a Lite version of Acronis available to Maxtor or Seagate users, only one drive needs to qualify. click here

AL47 17:44 08 Feb 09

cant find much info on maxblast, i have a seagate drive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…