Looking for a Web Presence Provider

Windsoar 14:30 04 Jan 03
  Windsoar 14:30 04 Jan 03

I've been putting together a simple personal website for my family - somewhere where I can post pictures, news and other things that would only be of interest to friends and family.
I'd welcome recommendations for a good place to host it on the net. Ideally I'd like to buy my own domain name (I have one in mind and it is not taken) and I'd prefer a host which supports Frontpage extensions as I'm writing it on Frontpage 2000. I don't mind paying a reasonable monthly fee and I'd prefer to avoid an advert-sponsored location. I don't anticipate needing more than 5mb at any stage. I use BT Openworld as my ISP and don't anticipate investing in broadband for a while yet.

Gaz 25 15:48 04 Jan 03

Use your space BT provides Ok you will not get FP Ext but it is free and advert free.

Or

You can click here to get FP Ext but you will have to pay big money.

timber 15:59 04 Jan 03

have as look at click here may suit your needs

timber

pj123 15:59 04 Jan 03
  pj123 16:02 04 Jan 03

Sorry, got the fone number round the wrong way, it is 01603 442233. bear in mind you will also need an FTP programme. the one I use is CuteFTP.

nangadef 16:23 04 Jan 03

Try here UK2net click here

I use them and find them reasonably priced, reliable and helpful.

I've been with them for 4 years now.

Windsoar 17:18 04 Jan 03

Thanks for the tips folks. I like the sound of Timber's recommendation. It is not exactly as the name suggests - it will cost me £18.47, but I'd rather pay that than have loads of pop up adverts to fund it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…