Looking into web design

a_1986 15:41 04 Feb 06

I am looking into creating websites but not as a job, i suppose you could call it a hobby which i want to take up. Any advice as to where to start? and how to go about it?
Advice would be appriciated
Thanks

wolfy_1 15:47 04 Feb 06

im not exactly looking to do coding only either because thats looks rather complicated.

mco 18:47 04 Feb 06

Do you have a preferred program? Do you have a specified idea for a site/sites?

wolfy_1 20:07 04 Feb 06

I dont know HTML or anything like that to be honest, but i have used templates in the past, but thought it was about time i started creating my own. I do have dreamweaver mx 04 and i dont really know what i am wanting to start on unfortunately. I can create simple graphics but better ones with helps of tutorials on the net using photoshop, i also have fireworks and paint shop pro.
Hopefully those answer your questions you have asked me.

DrScott 23:06 05 Feb 06

As of before Christmas I didn't have too much of a clue about website design. However, I bought a book (Dreamweaver for Dummies - quite useful to get you started) and set about a project - I chose to build a site for my local church and choir as a favour to them. You'll find yourself learning html as you build your site with Dreamweaver as occasionally you'll want to edit individual lines - WYSIWYG still isn't perfect by any means!

Really the main thing is have a good idea of what you want to have on your site. For a first foray, it might be worth just doing your own homepage with photos and stuff for friends to look at. Then you can start learning to play around with scripts and things, without it really that important if they don't work.

Bear in mind it is an awfully steep and challenging learning curve, and just doing the tiniest thing can take up a lot of hours! It's a good thing there are so many people here in the PCA forum to help out :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017