Looking for safe download for keeping bank balance records

sdmck 16:36 18 Aug 12

I used to have Microsoft Money on my old computer and would now like to be able to keep bank balance records on this new computer. Does anyone know of a programme I could download for free? Also, I presume that the information would be secure and only able to be viewed from my machine.

lotvic 16:56 18 Aug 12

Microsoft Sunset is free: Chronus's posted Yesterday at 9:40AM in W7 forum (a different thread) link to info on google search or ClickHere for Microsoft that free prog should do what you want.

KRONOS the First 16:56 18 Aug 12

You could just encrypt the folder where you store your files.

KRONOS the First 16:59 18 Aug 12

Microsoft Sunset might be what lotvic is referring to.

sdmck 17:05 18 Aug 12

Thanks folks. Will look into Microsoft Sunset. Never used encrypting before but makes sense, ta.

isca2 17:12 18 Aug 12

I am still using Microsoft Money 2005 version on my Windows 7 pc 32 bit..works fine without any problems. Why not try it on your new machine ?

sdmck 17:23 18 Aug 12

Would I just transfer it from the old machine using a memory stick?

isca2 20:40 18 Aug 12

My previous data would not restore so I just reinstalled from the CD and set up my accounts again from scratch. I know I lost all my old data but that was not a problem to me.

sdmck 11:41 19 Aug 12

Think I will try and download Sunset - there were a couple of things I didn't like about the old Microsoft Money anyway. Thanks all for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009