Looking for reasonable PC with extras around £400

Do you think it`s possible?

My friends mother is asking me if i can get a PC with the usual extras (ie modem, keyboard, mouse, speakers etc) with reasonably good graphics, cd re-writer, dvd rom, 17" monitor & printer....

I`ve been looking but I don`t seem to get anywhere

@ the moment I`m trying to build another very basic computer for my wifes friend....(she only wants to pay £150---no monitor) & that`s been hard enough.

Thank you in advance for any feedback

woodchip 23:36 28 Apr 03

NO WAY

woodchip 23:38 28 Apr 03

You will not get much nearer than click here

I found one place...

XP 1800, 40Gb HDD, 64Mb Geforce 4, DVD Rom, 56k modem, CD Re-writer, speakers, keyboard, mouse,17" monitor & printer for £469, but I`m still trying to work to the £400 budget...

i know the difference of £69 doesn`t seem like much, but I suppose it is to a pensioner

pj123 23:48 28 Apr 03

Try here click here

Gandalph 23:50 28 Apr 03

Yes it is possible. I picked a Computer up for my son out of the local newspaper for £250.00. STS Midi tower, Creative 52x CD-ROM, Sony 32/10/40x CD-RRW, on board Modem 56.6, 20Gig hard drive, 17" Elonex monitor, Graphics Card and 2 USB ports and a HP Printer. I can't remember what the CPU was but I do know it was damn fast and the whole kit was only nine month's old and the kids father said he had only used it for about 10 hours. It was in mint condition. It may have been a one-off lucky find, but every week there are computers for sale in our local paper for around £200 to 350.00. Keep your eyes peeled in your local rag.

PSF 23:53 28 Apr 03

click here

Have a look at some of these, don't forget to ad VAT to the price.

canard 23:54 28 Apr 03

click here
We've just bought the Athlon CPU model from this place and are very pleased with service, price and assistance.

Gandalph,

thanks, but to be honest i`d prefer to get some kind of garauntee....

i`ve looked in the local "Loot" in the past & i`ve noticed the ridiculous prices people ask.

Gandalph 01:07 29 Apr 03

Our local Guru's repair shop sells second hand machines but only gives three months guarantee with them and they sell for around £400.00 to £800.00 each. My son's has been running for ten month's now and has never missed a beat. I know it can be hit and miss with these sort of things but at today's parts prices even if he had to pull a few quid out for something that did go wrong on it I think he has still got a cheap machine.

I managed to sort one out over the weekend from various shops.

£380 in the end.

Thanks for all your responses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…