Looking for a new PDA

Jsimbaz 22:23 22 Feb 05

i would like to buy a new pda, but with so many out ther I wonder if u guys can help...
Budget: up to £200

Features:
must hav wLAN

bluetooth would be good

good for web browsing

thanx. josh

hugh-265156 00:19 23 Feb 05

the dell axim x50v gets a good write up in this months PCA but its £350.

i dont know much about PDA's sorry.

Kate B 01:28 23 Feb 05

Jsimbaz, you might have to up the budget - Bluetooth and wifi come at a bit of a price.

I use an Ipaq 4150 which seems to be around the £275 mark - worth the dosh, I think, as it has both Bluetooth and wifi, is small and light and pretty powerful. It runs Pocket PC and handles the web well.

Have a look at this thread click here
which is a discussion about PDAs including my musings on the pros and cons of Pocket PC vs Palm.

Jsimbaz 16:26 23 Feb 05

thanx guys

bremner 19:47 23 Feb 05

Just seen this on Amazon - seems to be what you want. click here

pharte 20:14 23 Feb 05

try this guy ......click here

Demora 20:33 23 Feb 05

click here

I know its a bit more than you asked BUT the newer T5 is made of Plastic and not as robust. And although no wifi this can beadded later. I have had a T3 for 12 months and its been brilliant.

Loads of free software out there too.

It also keps its charge very well.

Demora

Jsimbaz 22:29 23 Feb 05

that looks great, but a bit skeptivcal about buying second hand from mazon, as i've never done it before. Can anyone give me any advice??

josh.

Jsimbaz 22:31 23 Feb 05

i looked at the site, and it looks good, but there are no refeurbished units atm.

will check back later, thanx 4 the link

Jsimbaz 22:33 23 Feb 05

been looking for a couple of days now and have come to a stick in the road! Pocket PC or Palm??? any more help appreciated.

josh.

Demora 22:56 23 Feb 05

Both are good BUT pocket PC (as with Microsoft) tend to be memory hungry. Palm also have a few glitches but there response to problems if you buy new and register on the UK site Not VIA the installation software seem very good. Sent my other half a new TE (even tho he'd bought it in the USA) free of charge. And I've always had good response from there help centre online.

Also The T3 has a good screen (as does the T5) Best thing to do is to go into PC World or somewhere and have a good test run. Then shop around

Demora

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced