Looking for a laptop that will fit the sims 3 spec

Lozzee 13:51 10 Sep 09

Hi

Im looking for a laptop that will run the sims 3 with no problems. I understand that it is all down to the type of graphics card that you have but I have no idea what one I need.

The sims spec is:
FOR WINDOWS XP
2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
1 GB RAM
128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
The latest version of DirectX 9.0c
Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games

FOR WINDOWS VISTA
2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
1.5 GB RAM
128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 1
At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games

I have been told that an HP DV6-1210SA would easily do the job but I want to make sure that i'm not going to spend a lot of money on something that will barely run the game. The spec for this is:
-AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core Processor QL-5
-(2.10 GHz, 1MB Cache)
-Genuine Windows Vista (R) Home Premium
-3 GB Memory Size
-250GB Hard Drive
-Lightscribe DVD RW Optical Drives
-15.6" HD widescreen display
-ATi Radeon HD4530 Graphics Card
-512mb Graphics Memory

Is this any good or is there something else I should be looking at?

Cheers

GaT7 14:32 10 Sep 09

Info on the HD4530 click here seems to suggest it will be fine. Not sure you'll be able to run it on high settings, but it appears it'll handle medium settings. To be absolutely on the safe side, try to aim for something in the low Class 2 (see link above), e.g. a HD4570 or similar.

I ran the test for Sims 3 at the 'Can your computer run that game?' scan click here & passed (screenshot of the GPU info only click here) - it's a HD3450 (desktop though), which is slower than a HD4530. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…