looking to get gaming rig!!

Pez87 15:44 12 Jan 06

hi i was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a gaming rig.

ill let u know now that im not interested in ATI graphics cards and neither the Pentium processors so im looking for somthing in the range of £1500 or around that!

so looking for somthing around this spec:

processor:- x2 AMD 4200 or 4400
graphics card:- nvidia 7800 GTX
HD:- about 300GB
ASUS motherboard
DVD ROM
monitor
keyboard mouse etc...

thanks for the help

pez

rods 15:57 12 Jan 06

Hi Pez,

I just bought a new 7800 GT OC from hear:-

click here

The card i got was the top one at £204 + vat, theres a few on there so may be worth a look.

Its the cheapest i found for that card anyway.

Good luck with your other bits.

rmcqua 16:03 12 Jan 06

Try the best one of these 3 (it exceeeds your specs.) with the monitor of your choice and still have a tidy bit of change left out of your budget.
The only bit I wouldn't expect to fit would be your need for an Asus m/b, but that wouldn't bother me. You can be sure that the m/b Novatech use will be a good one.

click here

Pez87 16:39 12 Jan 06

hi guys,
i havent heard of Novatech r they a relyable company?

thanks rods and rmcqua for the info

pez

ps still open to more suggestions.

Methedrine 19:27 12 Jan 06
  GuZ><0r 19:29 12 Jan 06

I haven't myslef had any experience with Novatech, but I know that they are a very good company, and many people on these forums suggested them. Hope this helps.

Totally-braindead 19:41 12 Jan 06

They are reliable, one of the better companies. Not perfect but definately one of the better ones. Whatever you get mate I'd want one with SLI for the graphics, that way if it starts to stuggle a bit with a particular game you can just buy another card the same as what you have and spread the load a bit. The Alienware ones are good but very pricey. Have you considered something like this click here pick your own hard drives, graphics card, optical drives and operating system and you're done.

hzhzhz 19:49 12 Jan 06
  Pez87 22:55 12 Jan 06

thax guys uve bn a real help, i think i might try the novatech choice coz it is very cheap and it look good the choice is a bit limited but it will do. i would prefer to have an ASUS motherboard but i might just get that l8er.

thax again

pez

ps- feel free to keep sending me options (might change my mind)

rmcqua 08:46 13 Jan 06

Pez87
If you talk to Novatech before ordering it, you may find they will put an Asus m/b in it.
All the best,
rmcqua.

Pez87 17:50 13 Jan 06

hi again ive done some research and i can get a mesh computer with everything i want and its under my budget!!

what do you think??

i think im ganna go with them.

pez

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos