Looking for a free and simple compression tool

noclue 06:44 02 Dec 06

Hi, I was asked to send some files zipped and have little experience of using a file compression tool. So I am looking for advice on any simple to use free zip tool program. I have tried to research the different ones and am not too sure which ones do not carry too many bugs and are easy to uninstall if no longer required. I know I could use Win Zip for its 45 day evaluation period free before needing to purchase it, but I would rather download something that is simple to use being a beginner. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jackcoms 06:47 02 Dec 06
  robgf 01:06 04 Dec 06

If you are using XP, why not use the built in zip tool.
Just create a folder on your desktop, add the files that you want to zip, right click on the folder and select "send to" and "compressed (zipped) folders" and the folder will be zipped and appear on the desktop.
Much easier than using a separate program.

If you are not using XP, try JustZipIt, it works in a very similar way and is free. I used to use it with Win 98se.

Rob. :)

robgf 01:07 04 Dec 06

It would realy help if I had added the JustZipIt link (going daft):
click here

Rob. lol

Z1100 01:14 04 Dec 06

click here

Hanx!
K.

woodchip 22:56 05 Dec 06

Power Desk click here After loading you just right click on a file and choose zip

noclue 06:43 06 Dec 06

Thanks for the advice. I did not realise Windows XP had a zip folder function. I don't want to send the file with my outlook express email account but I suppose I could email the file to my web email account and forward it. Anyway thanks everyone for giving me something to work on .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…