Looking for FREE Internet Security?

criterian 15:58 01 Feb 06

Just found a website click here that shows links to some of the best free software available.

I found this useful as I was looking for some free Firewall and Antivirus software since Norton had slowed my PC to a crawl and my licence was coming up for renewal.

Anyway, using the links from this site I have finally chosen Sunbelt Kerio (Firewall) and Avast (Antivirus), and now I am using these and have uninstalled Norton, my PC seems a lot quicker!

The site is worth a look for anyone who is still paying for software.

Regards,
Criterian.

CLONNEN 16:26 01 Feb 06

Personally I prefer to use Sygate Firewall and AVG as my free firewall and antivurs software.

My brother likes ZoneAlarm.

criterian 17:36 01 Feb 06

Yea, thought about Sygate, but as they have now been taken over by the Norton lot (Symantec) and have withdrawn the FREE firewall, I thought I'd go for the next best thing.

Regards,
Criterian.

Diemmess 18:07 01 Feb 06

AVG (free) as anti viral

Zone Alarm as firewall The free, not the Pro version is good for ordinary mortals
click here
Takes time to set up initially, but fuss-fre thereafter.

Whatever you do, download ready, but do not install until you have cleared every trace of Norton, and you need to work on that!
No paranoia, if you have the downloaded files ready, you can come offline to be rid of Norton and set up the two new boys.

Skyver 19:41 01 Feb 06

Thats a useful download site, take a look at this one too; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…