Looking for dreamweaver CS3 step by step book

erkmatrix 09:13 07 Jun 08

Hi I wonder if anyone knows of decent Dreamweaver book that actually starts from scratch and teaches you how to build a site. All the ones like Missing Manual, Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS3 that I bought seem to just tell how to do random things with the new CS3 features and that but never take a beginner from scratch to build a site. Yeah I know it has to cover all of the programs features but it would be nice for one author to actually do some step by step process of him building a website and I'm sure that would be far more help than a massive book of complicated stuff that most people will probably never need.

Does anyone know of a book or tutorial, or course even that they have done

I do find Dreamweaver hard to get to grips with, its just so complex at what it can do.

Cheers

Cabochon 17:48 19 Jun 08

check out youtube etc - they have a bunch of tutorials on dreamweaver etc..
I`m in the same position as you, so post anything good you come up with!

erkmatrix 21:17 29 Jun 08

Hi Yeah Dreamweaver is such a huge program it maybe just beyond my intelligence, I learn something then a week later I've forgot how to do something again. I won't give up but it is a hard program, shame it couldn't be more like frontpage.

I have bought one of the Lynda dreamweaver CS3 tutorial vids and its fairly good, working slowly through it. I have one on fireworks too which I loved.

I'll have a look on youtube too cheers

gerri-atrick 22:34 02 Jul 08

Try "Dreamweaver cs3 in easy steps", it is probably a good book for beginners - if there is such a thing, all things about designing a site is complexed, the book is also good for looking up the easy bits you forget ;)

Dreamweaver kinda mushrooms out the more you learn, so there is no easy way to learn the basics, by reading the book, practising with it and using it as a reference then it is as good as it gets ...and it only costs a tenner :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…