Looking for a download/monito utillity

dm__ 17:54 26 Jul 05

Just wondering if anybody can help with suggestions in trying to monitor the total monthly amount of data downloaded - trying to keep an eye on how much the kids are downloading.

TIA ......

Graham ® 17:56 26 Jul 05

Broadband? Capped?

Completealias 18:01 26 Jul 05

Try netmeter click here only one problem thou if your kids have limited user accounts it can't write to the logfile as this is located in the programs file folder have yet to find a way around this yet

dm__ 18:02 26 Jul 05

Yes BT 2Mb BB just wanting to check that I'm/we stay within the 15Gb limit. Their monitor either doesn't work for me or simply ins't functional yet.

dm__ 18:04 26 Jul 05

Another comlication is that the BB connection is shared between 2 PC's

GaT7 18:10 26 Jul 05

The best one I've used is called RAS Graph & Stats click here. Just place a 'minimised' shortcut of it in your Programs/Startup folder. Only limitation is the one Completealias mentions about NetMeter, but if no one is going to mess about with the data file then it's fine. G

Stuartli 18:13 26 Jul 05

I use Tautology Bandwidth Meter which provides full details on a current, daily and monthly basis. Small download at:

click here

GaT7 18:13 26 Jul 05

'shared between 2 PCs'. Hmmm, didn't see that. Install it on both PCs & manually add the data from both every once in a while or as often as you need to. If I come across a better/easier solution will return to post it. G

dm__ 18:30 26 Jul 05

Both suggestions look promising - thanks for the lighting fast responses. I did search the net beforehand - but have been looking in the wrong place.

Thanks again for all replies ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…