Looking at this computer, your thoughts please

Migwell 20:22 06 Mar 10

I am looking at this computer from ebuyer. I need new a computer to work on photography with Elements 8, also to do some video editing and the other usual stuff like internet and office work. NO games!

Thanks Migwell

Migwell 20:23 06 Mar 10

What a twit! I forgot to tell you which one

HP Pavilion 6324uk at ebuyer

Input Overload 20:25 06 Mar 10

Get a DELL Inspiron.

Migwell 12:30 07 Mar 10

Thanks but never thought about Dell. Dell site is not telling me if the video card is dvi /Vga /Hdmi, it also has no mention of a SD card reader. It also seems that there is no wireless support. No mention about Cordless keyboard and mouse.

I am not being funny but what is better about dell, other than the 1Gig Hard drive, what I am Missing?

kalstras 12:51 07 Mar 10

look HERE click here

Migwell 17:49 07 Mar 10

Thanks kalstras for that insight into Dell.

That answers my question about what is better about Dell. Nothing by the looks of it. No Dell coming here.

Has anyone had problems with HP computers?

MAJ 18:02 07 Mar 10

I have bought many from each manufacturer and had no problems with either, other than the normal problems you come across in all PCs. The HP you linked to on Ebuyer looks OK, Migwell, but be aware it doesn't include a monitor.

bazt 18:47 07 Mar 10

I have had a HP computer now for about 6 months and I have to say it is the quitest most relyable computer I have ever had as I tax them very hard to do things, The model I have is a Compaqu Presario
CQ61

Migwell 11:14 08 Mar 10

Thanks all who have helped.

I have gone with my own choice after the last two reports.

MAJ: Thanks but I have a digital monitor that I am more than happy with

Thanks again
Migwell

MAJ 11:42 08 Mar 10

.....with it, Migwell, my main PC is a two or three year-old HP/Compaq Presario, I've never had a problem with it and as bazt has said it is extremely quiet, even under load.

Migwell 17:57 08 Mar 10

The one that is going to the big computer grave yard, is like the story of the brush. It has had 12 new heads and 4 new shanks but it is the origonal brush.

This started back in 1994 as a computer with 4 mb of memory and a 250 mb hard drive.
Many new motherboards and processor upgrades and a gradual lift in memory to 2Gig with a 200 Gig hard drive and about 4 new cases later it is the same computer.

Time for a NEW one I think, I am looking forward to tomorrow for the delivery of the new one. I hope I can keepup with the speed increase

Thought might just be interested in the lead up to Retiring this OLD computer and the start of new life under my desk.

Thanks to all
Migwell

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5