Looking for boot loader

billyliv 19:46 23 Apr 04

Hi, One of my machines has XP as master and ME as Slave. I have been looking at the download sites for a boot loader which will give me the option of loading either Xp or ME. Any recommendations will be gratefully digested. Thanks, Bill

Diodorus Siculus 19:52 23 Apr 04

click here

Only yesterday Fred Langa mentioned one:

9) Multiboot Manager

Dear Fred: OSL2000, is a slick multi boot manager that allows up to 100 bootable partitions, multiple copies of the same system, boot from a second hard drive, boot from a logical partition and more. I'm using it now to boot Win98FE from a second primary partition on my new 40G Hitachi drive with an 8meg buffer that turned my aging 300mhz Dell Inpsiron 7000 laptop into a screamer. My next step is to install Win98SE over a copy of my working system and give it a tryout, then move onto installing Linux.

With the new drive and OSL2000 it's like a whole new machine. You can find OSL2000 at click here it's shareware with nag screen until you subscribe.

Thank you for the great publication.--Arn

Thanks Arn. Just to keep terms straight--- a boot manager lets you select which of several (or many) OSes to boot to. Your PC can have many OSes installed, and you run them one at a time; each OS "owns" the PC while it's running.

A Virtual PC ( click here ) also lets you have many OSes on your PC, but they run concurrently--- you can have several OSes going at the same time, and jump between them.

Both ways have their strengths and weaknesses; both ways let you have multiple OSes on one system--- which is very handy, any way you do it! <g>

billyliv 20:06 23 Apr 04

Thanks, Works charmingly. Cheers, Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…