Looking for backup & encryption programs

CurranShelter 20:29 28 Feb 04

I´ve tried so many useless backup programs it´s really beginning to get my back up. Tee hee. Sorry.

I'm looking for a fairly full-featured package which includes:

1. Incremental/differential backup (can update AND can remove files from archive if original deleted)

2. Compression (ideally universal file format!)

3. Spanning multiple volumes (CD-R/W)

4. Password protection

I expect it's too optimistic to hope there might be a freeware solution out there, but anyway it's one thing I'd consider paying for if the price were reasonable and it did all of the above!

I'm not particularly bothered about being able to create backup sets or scripts.

Even if there's one with no password protection, I could perhaps encrypt the archive manually afterwards!?

Which brings me to the 2nd thing... an encryption tool (pref. freeware!) which will:

1. Create self-extracting .exe files
2. Encrypt / decrypt entire folders at a time
3. (optimistic!) allow on-the-fly editing of an encrypted file, or at least will decrypt, open and re-encrypt automatically and with no footprints.

I'm not too keen on the secure logical drive / 'vault'-type things because that disrupts my filing system!

Finished rambling - would be grateful for any advice - thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…