Looking for an app that can delete locked files

Kemistri 21:32 24 Jun 08

I've got a file that won't delete. You know the type: "this file is being used by another person or program" ...and I know for a fact that it isn't.

It won't even shift off in safe mode while accessing the file from the admin account. It's not malware: just a file download that failed.

The last thing that I have left to try is a utility that can shift locked files: can anyone suggest a good one? I saw one a while back that I can't remember, and I typically failed to predict how useful it would turn out to be.

Try unlocker
click here

skidzy 21:38 24 Jun 08

If Ravens link does not shift this for you,try taking ownership of the file first.This must be done in safemode click here

Kemistri 21:42 24 Jun 08

Thanks skidzy, but like I said, I have tried the accepted method, and ownership is not the problem. I'll try Unlocker and see how it goes.

brundle 21:45 24 Jun 08

HijackThis can also remove files on boot, the feature is in the Misc Tools section. click here

Kemistri 21:45 24 Jun 08

....and bye bye problem file. Nice one, *Raven*. Quick and easy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…