Longest Range Router?

mobad 17:35 08 Apr 07

I am looking to spend up to £150 for a new wireless router.
Currently I have a belkin Pre-N router, however the connection does seem to drop now and agin and the main issue is the Firewall/NAT.

I want something with a longer range and known for not having many issues.
Any recomendations pls?

Ashrich 21:39 08 Apr 07

Draft N wireless routers are just that , Draft , not yet the finished article , and the ones that are out are expensive for what they are by the time you have bought the compatible adapter for your laptop or PC , the two will almost certainly be above your £150 budget . The Belkin Pre-N is highly thought of and usually reliable , have you tried a firmware update ?Also , Draft N although they are faster at normal range do seem to drop speed very quickly compared to Pre-N or Mimo so although the range is a little better , throughput isn't as good at distance , so Draft N is a bit of a Curates egg , only good in parts .

Ashley

mobad 03:42 09 Apr 07

I've tried all firmware updates upto even the unreleaed 1.01.04 but still the firewall issue is causing me too many problems (even when switched off). I have been told the sitecom mimo XR WL-153 is very good, so Im considering selling my Pre-N for this.
What are your opinions?

PP321 12:35 09 Apr 07

i had a Linksys WRT54g and i upgraded the firmware HyperWRT form here click here

It boosts output power by 400% !!

the firmware is available for free, if your nice to google :)

Ashrich 00:34 10 Apr 07

If you are using a laptop to connect then a D-Link DSL-G624M for an example click here combined with a D-Link G-650m pc card adapter would be a big improvement on what you have at the moment .

Ashley

mocha 00:35 10 Apr 07

Hi mobad,
I have a Belkin Pre N Router, what is the problem with the Firewall.

mobad 23:38 10 Apr 07

Even when I have set the firewall to be off its still on?

ArrGee 11:03 13 Apr 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…