Long Internet Explorer Pauses

louwie 21:35 27 Feb 03

I am suddenly getting long pauses in internet explorer. The progress bar goes to the end & then suddenly stops. The pointer is still free to move but it will not allow me to click anything. Can anyone help?

MichelleC 08:55 28 Feb 03

What operating system r u?

ShorN 11:22 28 Feb 03

and mines been doing the same lately, im on 512k broadband with plusnet.

Any help any one!!

davidg_richmond 11:51 28 Feb 03

all i can suggest is to clear the temporary internet files regularly - i have selected the option Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Empty Files so it deletes all these when i close.

It also helps to stop any sounds playing when you are browsing, as otherwise there tends to be a pause as it 'dings' when you click on a link. again look in options.

other than that, make sure you have the latest version of your browser and maybe even your graphics card

louwie 22:14 28 Feb 03

I am running windows 98

MichelleC 11:19 01 Mar 03

You could try on ie repair option via add/remove. 98 and ie6 can go wonky, so you could revert to 5.5 and try that.

louwie 23:00 12 Mar 03

I have tried using the repair option in ie6 & it seems to have worked, but it has now created a problem with incredimail. Incredimail now keeps freezing up. Any ideas????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…