Long delay when inserting pictures in Word 2007

worldmeetslearn1 03:40 06 Feb 14

Has anyone else come across the following problem in Word 2007? - When I click Insert, Picture, it freezes for ages, only allowing me to insert the picture after an annoyingly long wait. What have I done to cause this problem?

northumbria61 04:33 06 Feb 14

Windows 7 - Word 2007 - for me inserting a picture is a split second.
The only thing I can suggest is that you do a repair on MS Office - Control Panel - Programs & Features - MS Office - click Change - choose Repair

hastelloy 07:51 06 Feb 14

What's the file size of the photos you're inserting?

Nontek 09:11 06 Feb 14

When I do the same exercise, the insertion is instant! Tested with pic size 1.7Mb

worldmeetslearn1 10:32 06 Feb 14

Yes - until very recently it was "instant." Something has changed and I don't know what. These images are all 30-50kb - not that big.

We have a site that is still html, and we post content in Word files.

The photo on top of this page is a prime example. For some reason, it took almost a minute to be inserted into the Word doc:

click here am much obliged for any advice.

William Kern

I

Woolwell 11:57 06 Feb 14

Are you saving the photo first?

worldmeetslearn1 13:06 06 Feb 14

Yes. Photos are saved on the server, and then the entire link to the graphic is inserted into the word document.

Woolwell 15:28 06 Feb 14

I think that you may have to look at the link to your server.

worldmeetslearn1 03:22 12 Feb 14

It's not the link on the server - because those links work perfectly well on their own. The only issue is a huge delay in getting Word to insert the picture - sometimes up to a minute long.

Woolwell 11:43 12 Feb 14

Is it possible to save a picture direct to a PC's harddrive rather than the server and see if it still takes as long to insert the picture?

wee eddie 12:01 12 Feb 14

Woolwell has the answer that I was about to add. Just save it to your Desktop (easy to find) and than delete it when you have added it to the document.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…