Long delay in finding one image on PCA site

Pesala 23:31 23 Jun 03

This evening I noticed a long delay before the status line disappears in Opera (it remains visible until the page is loaded). After the page has loaded the status bar sensible disappears (as it is no longer needed) and the horizontal scroll bar appears.

IE tells me that this item is causing the long delay:

(1 item remaining) Downloading picture click here

By a long delay, I mean several minutes every time PCA loads a new page. Currently timed at over 5 minutes and still counting, and the page is still not finished loading.

monkeyshine 23:34 23 Jun 03

I usually go away and if I return eventually it usually has loaded.

Sir Radfordin 23:40 23 Jun 03
  woodchip 23:40 23 Jun 03

I have got this now I thought it was Corrupt Opera
I switched the line off reloaded Opera over its self all to no avail

woodchip 23:42 23 Jun 03

I do believe it is the PCA site as its OK on other sites

Pesala 23:42 23 Jun 03

You mean you go away from your PC between every page? What are you doing? Consulting a book so that you can reply to the question? It sound like a load of monkeyshine to me.

monkeyshine 23:47 23 Jun 03

I leave this hallowed site and go to a site that works.

Gandalph 23:49 23 Jun 03

I've also noticed the slow down of the PCA site since they started this underline carry on. I did actually put a posting on here about it a couple of weeks ago as I thought it was only myself that was having the experience but a few members came back and said they were having the same nightmare. I can only say for some unknown reason it just seems to be getting slower by the week.

accord 05:38 24 Jun 03

i too have noticed it. to resolve the paranoia i simple press the stop button when it is trying to load.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…