long boot up time, hangs on something for a while

Haggismuncheruk 19:35 07 May 05

When i boot my pc it starts up normally and when i click on the user to log on it does that ok then gets so far and just stops, the desktop is there and all the icons but in the notification area on the start bar the wireless icon and a few others are missing after about 3-5 minutes it carries on and everything starts up including the wireless networking, my question is how can i find out what is slowing or stoppping it for a few minutes, i tried a system rerstore but it won't do it so i'm at a loss.

p;3 20:36 07 May 05

what AV and antispy programs have you got on your machine and have you run any of them, and what did they say?

howard60 20:37 07 May 05

go to start - run and type msconfig then enter. go to top right hand tab - startup. take out the ticks in the left hand boxes except for virus checker and firewall. apply and reboot. If this cures it then it is one of the items you took the tick out of. I do not have anything other than virus checker and firewall ticked.

woodchip 20:40 07 May 05

Yep Anti-Virus checking drive

Haggismuncheruk 16:06 08 May 05

thanks i got it sorted

tricia321 18:42 08 May 05

sorry for butting but I tried what you advised , ie going to "run" and unchecking boxes, I dont hve antivirus or firewall listed so what else do you advise please?
Also why has my outlook stopped sending mail to my daughter and to myself but not to some others?
hoping for a quick reply!!!
Tricia

woodchip 21:26 08 May 05

No antivirus or firewall, You must be out of you tiny mind

tricia321 22:24 08 May 05

I do have AV and firewall but they are not on the list, I have run AV and spyware, nothing there!!!!

tricia321 22:26 08 May 05

now I cant send mail in MS outlook its says "505 error adninistrative prohibitive"

tricia321 22:27 08 May 05

550 administrative prohibitive , sorry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…