Long boot up time !!!!

Petesilver 19:47 31 Aug 08

can anyone point me in the right direction to try and get a faster boot up time I have tried most things but to no avail.......I have look in the datbase and tried a few things but no luck
I have copied the task manager so you can see what i have running but I don't know how to post it ?
I Have programs like
avast antivirus
zone alarm
acronis true image 11
ashampoo magical defrag
plus many more I don't understand

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:48 31 Aug 08

Cut down on the programs that load at startup -- Start - Run type msconfig - startup tab- untick everything except for firewall, antivirus and antispyware

and the services that run in the background. click here

woodchip 21:16 31 Aug 08

Is Avast doing a Virus scan at boot?

Petesilver 21:42 31 Aug 08

no avast is not doing a scan....only wish I knew what it was as it takes about 5+ minutes to boot up

baldydave 21:47 31 Aug 08

Download Autoruns,unzip the file and pick autoruns not autorunsc,this will list everything running.Go to logon tab/or other tabs untick everything you do not want,this should cut down boot time.

baldydave 21:48 31 Aug 08

sorry Autoruns link here
click here

Petesilver 22:41 31 Aug 08

Thanks baldydave
I have down loaded it but it seems a bit to much for me to know what to do but its extremely interesting but I am sure i wouls be unticking things i shouldn't

brundle 22:50 31 Aug 08

It's a great program but you can render your system er..broken if you go mad with it. I would recommend this instead; click here or even the startup manager in CCleaner's Tools section; click here

birdface 09:15 01 Sep 08

Go in to Task Manager.Under processes if nothing is running System Idle process should be showing about 97% of the CPU.This is normal.if anything else using up a lot of the CPU let us know what it is.

Petesilver 13:17 01 Sep 08

Hello Buteman
well once it has finished booting up all seems fine and as you say idle system is showing about
90% there seems to be a couple of item ticking away at single figures thats svchost.exe and vsmon.exe

birdface 14:38 01 Sep 08

Well that does not look to bad.vsmon.exe is Zone Alarm.Have you tried running C Cleaner or Winaso Optimizer.I prefer Winaso but the free version will only repair 10 items at a time so if it shows about 500 problems it is going to take a while.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…