Long beep

Winston Churchill 16:32 21 May 03

Ok, this is for a friend of a friend, when his computer is turned on all he hears is a long continuos beep, is this a RAM Failure or is it something else as I do not know.

Thanks.

Tom.

livewire 16:40 21 May 03

is it a Gateway machine?

hugh-265156 16:53 21 May 03

Continuous Beeping: Memory or video problem

Explanation: The system is producing constant beeping in no specific pattern, or a fast "ringing" sound.

Diagnosis: This is usually caused by a problem with the system memory, or possibly the video card. The memory is more likely--the system complains long and loud if it can't find any usable memory, as there is no way to even start the boot process when this is the case. The motherboard itself could also be the problem.

hugh-265156 16:56 21 May 03

could even be power supply or keyboard.

graham√ 17:23 21 May 03

Make sure every thing is plugged in correctly inside, could be just a loose card.

slowhand_1000 18:24 21 May 03

could try here

click here

Winston Churchill 22:39 23 May 03

Thanks everyone, sorry about the lateness in my reply but I am using school computers in a geography lesson at the moment as my home internet is down :-( But thanks, it was the ram (just upgraded it which he now has told me) brought it from pcworld and it was faulty.

Thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…