Lond Downloads Deleting before complete ???

Noels 08:13 04 Feb 03

Is it possible to delete a long download (not sent as attachment) before its complete so as not to hold up other more urgent ones in the pipeline.

Regards Noels.

MichelleC 08:16 04 Feb 03

Try a download manager like Fresh devices. I think you can designate download priorities, and it'll save a part download if cut off.

graham 10:17 04 Feb 03

the cancel button.

Noels 10:49 04 Feb 03

Thanks both for your info.MichelleC I am aware of programmes to continue long downloads etc and do as you suggest.
graham. This will work with say a Microsoft download where there is a download monitor pane showing time remaining etc which has a cancel button but can you do the same with lengthy downloads such as uncompressed photos. Which I know should probably be sent as attachments.

The problem is that I have a longstanding old friend mid-70's who is relatively new to computers and the internet. I suspect that his computer is set to disconnect if idle for more than about three minutes. He gets very cross if he receives mail that takes longer than this and wishes to delete such mail before its finished downloading.

As he lives at the opposite end of the country its very difficult to advise him especially as he thinks his setup is perfect??

So any advice welcome
Regards Noels

leo49 11:44 04 Feb 03

One slightly tangential idea which might be worth exploring;

if you both acquired Yahoo email accounts[you don't have to use them for mail] this will allow you both to have Yahoo Briefcases which can contain up to 30mb and allow you to transfer files between you up to 5mb at a time,and allow you to create Photo albums so that you could see photos online prior to deciding whether to download them.

Regards leo49

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…