logon problem

BREEN 22:15 10 Jul 06

There are 6 logon on our family computer which runs xp home. When I logon I found that I NO longer have an internet explorer or a "connect to" or a "pictures" and the tray at the bottom is empty except for the clock.If I logon another logon everything is fine. I have run a virus scan using norton 2005 nothing found.I wonder if reloading windows from my recovery disk would cure the problem

PS Even though I dont have "pictures" I can still find my pictures file with search.

Any advice gratfully recieved

ade.h 22:33 10 Jul 06

Reloading - or even repairing - your OS is a sledgehammer to crack a nut in this instance. These sound like fairly minor issues that can mostly be fixed reasonably easily. If you can provide more exact details, I'm sure someone can tell you how to fix each of them.

sean-278262 22:34 10 Jul 06

Have you maybe inadvertantly made the pictures folder hidden. Only a guess as Im not totally sure what the problem could be. Did you install anything new of late? Or did one of the other admin users install something? Make sure to run an AV scan and spyware software just to be sure it isnt something malicious.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant