Logitech Z680 speaker & Audigy 2 sound card

rickylea 11:07 14 Nov 03

Alrighty. I bought the SB Audigy 2 Platinum EX thinking I could hook it up to my Logitech z680's receiver with the digital (fiber and coaxial both exhibit the same problem) outputs and get 5.1 surround sound on the receiver. My problems is I am only getting sound as if it's set on stereo. I get sound from the left and right channels only. Center/Rear left/Rear right don't produce any sound, and neither does sub.

My current settings:
Software:
5.1 Speakers in the "Speaker Settings" control panel from Creative
Synchronize with control panel is checked.
Digital output only is unchecked.
CMSS is OFF (setting CMSS 2 to ON will "fake" 3D sound but that is simply unacceptable. It does not fix games.)
EAX effects option is unchecked.

In "Device Controls":
Digital output sampling rate is 48KHz and 96KHz is available (although if I select 96KHz I get no sound at all)

For Decoder options I have Dolby Digital AC-3 Decode selected with all three of the options checked.
Selecting SPDIF Passthrough does not stop me from hearing my music (My receiver is DTS ready with a dolby digital 5.1 decoder in it)

When I do the speaker test in speaker settings the only time I hear sound are on the "Left Channel" and "Right Channel" tests.

My hardware setup:
I've tried using digital (fiber) input and digital (coaxial) input and neither of them solve my little problem. I have tried both inputs on the receiver (digital coaxial/fiber) and both of the respective outputs on the External drive and the same problem is exhibited.

All of my speakers have been tested and work correctly. (each of them produces sound)

I'm out of ideas. I spent a lot of time trying to fix this before I sent this support request. I hope you guys have a solution Thanks!

Diodorus Siculus 11:31 14 Nov 03

Not sure if you have done this:

Control panel

Sounds and multimedia (or equivalent in your OS)

Aduio tab

advanced (under sound playback)

speakers / speakers setup

set as 5.1

I am not sure if this is what you mean when you say:

"Software: 5.1 Speakers in the "Speaker Settings" control panel from Creative Synchronize with control panel is checked"

hugh-265156 11:32 14 Nov 03

if using an external 5.1 amp/reciever and connected by the digital output

untick "ac3 decode"

at tick "digital output only"

hugh-265156 11:34 14 Nov 03

that should be

tick "digital output only"

untick "ac3 decode"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…