Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Bluetooth

Ritchbee 10:12 24 Aug 06

Hi,

Don't know if anyone can help with this one but would be grateful for any assistance.

I've just bought a Logitech MX5000 wireless keyboard & MX1000 Laser Mouse which comes with Bluetooth !!.

I'm no tech person but I went through the instructions and setting up procedure with no problem and at first the keyboard/Mouse worked fine. However, later on when my wife logged on the message I got was that it couldn't find the keyboard and the PC would just completely freeze.

I re-logged back on as myself and also got the same problem. The keyboard has a LCD display and this gives you a message of 'no Connection'.
I pressed the connect buttons but this had no effect. I re-booted the PC and on start up it gave the message of 'no keyboard present' and I'm unable to go any further at this point. I also had a temperture warning as well.

Is there something in the Bios that I need to enable to get over this problem.

Zonealarm was also giving me a number of security warnings not sure if this was effecting it as well.

I have an Asus8N7Xdeluxe motherboard and an AthlonXP2700 processor with a 1gb of ram.

Does anyone else have one of these keyboards and had similar problem.

I haven't yet checked Logitech's website as this was late last night.

Cheers
Brian

al224 10:16 24 Aug 06

i dont know if the temperature is anything to do with the keyboard.

are u sure the bluetooth is working on the keyboard.

if you do get the temperature warning check the bios and if the temperature is higher than about 40 degrees something is wrong.

Ritchbee 12:23 24 Aug 06

Anyone else have any advice on this please

Ritchbee 00:23 26 Aug 06

Anyone else have any advice on this please

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…