Logitech wireless keyboard problems

lee_robinson1983 11:44 20 Jun 06

Can someone please help?

Whilst on my computer the other day the wireless keyboard I have ceased to work. First I thought it could've been a connection problem so I tried reconnecting the link but to no avail. I decided to replace the batteries, thinking that could be the problem and at the same time changed the batteries in the mouse, tried again to make the connections and the mouse works fine but still no keyboard connection. I've tried different USB ports and still get the same result, mouse ok but keyboard not working.

Has anyone got any advice or does it sound like a problem with the keyboard?

Kind of disabled my computer now as I cant log on and using someone elses temporarily

Arnie 11:53 20 Jun 06

Have you checked your keyboard operating instructions?

Most keyboards/mice have a small button that has to be pressed to synchronise the transmitting device with the pick up device. Some of these even use multi channels, possibly to avoid conflicts with other frequency dependent systems.

On my Tevion wireless keyboard the button is hidden under a prop-up leg, so look carefully at your device!

lee_robinson1983 13:04 20 Jun 06

Arnie

Yeah I've pressed the buttons to try and synchronise many times but still no joy, had another go over lunch and am starting to think there could be a problem with the keyboards transmittor/receiver as still no luck.

Anyone else know of anything at all? Thanks

lee_robinson1983 15:27 20 Jun 06

anyone? please :)

Minkey1 15:31 20 Jun 06

Have you tried Logitech Support click here

Woolwell 15:34 20 Jun 06

Note that Logitech recommend removing batteries for half an hour. If this doesn't help then I suggest that you have a dead keyboard.

click here*&p_li=&p_topview=1

Arnie 16:51 20 Jun 06

Woolwell could be right,

If the keyboard has a good battery removal backup, it could have a fairly high value uf capacitor built in.

This means that if the chip/s lock up, a reasonable wait will be required before the capacitor discharges and the system resets.

Is there a reset button anywhere on the keyboard, hidden perhaps? Your instruction manual or Logitech web based user pdf file could help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:37 20 Jun 06

HAd the same problem

switched of in disgust after trying several sets of known good batteries. tried again Nextday and worked ok with same batteries (uing it now).

reboot the PC to refressh the hardware drivers.

don't throw it away just yet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…