Logitech WebCam for XP fault

Baslla321 15:06 19 Dec 03

My Logitech Quickcam Express for win XP has developed some fault. The camera can take pictures but the result of videos now is a black screen although the audio is OK. I tried checking all their Help section but nothing seems to cover this problem. I have sent an email to Logitech asking for help but I am not expecting any answer.The camera connections are OK. I wonder if its worth uninstalling the software and reinstalling? Any possible hints please?

johnnyrocker 15:10 19 Dec 03

that would be my suggestion or if a recent prob and previously ok try system restore back to a known good time?

critic-al 15:12 19 Dec 03

have you tried software updates and xp patch from
click here

anchor 15:23 19 Dec 03

I have found that the European support service of Logitech is very good, and a fairly prompt reply can be expected.

[email protected]

Of course, the camera could have developed a fault, but in the meantime try removing the software, and download & install the latest drivers from here:

click here

It may be a silly suggestion, but have you remembered to open the lens cover, if your model has one. My Logicam does, and I sometimes forget.

Baslla321 15:34 19 Dec 03

I have already the latest updated software as you indicated. It takes good pictures but not videos now, so the lens is OK. Will C if Logitech come up with a reply.

Baslla321 15:40 19 Dec 03

I hace resent my help email to logitec to the address you showed me, which is probably the correct one. I

Baslla321 16:18 19 Dec 03

I went to the Logitech website Help and I found out that this Webcam has a repair facility. Briefly its from Add/Remove, click 'Change'/Next/Instalshield/Repair/next/ Install/finish/restart computer. Well, it did it! My video is back to normal. Thanks to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…