Logitech webcam problem

donald59 11:52 17 Jul 07

I have installed and re-installed several times (as advised by the Logitech technicians) the web cam Logitech Pro 3000 onto my system which uses Windows XP as its operating system. I have spoken to Logitech about the problem I am having and it is this.......the web cam will not work despite the fact that it is most definately the correct web cam for the system that I have. When the software has been installed, and gone through its installation processes, it then tried to set up a screen with a picture of myself taken live from the camera which is perched on top of my monitor screen. No picture appears. but an error message comes up saying that the camera is in use by another programme, when clearely it is not - although the green light is on - no other programme is using the camera.
Can anyone help with this purculiar problem please?

Thanks.

Donald.

bof:) 12:17 17 Jul 07

Hi donald59, first uninstall the program for the camera.

go to filehippo's website and download Ccleaner and run it.

click here

Reboot your pc.

Also get a registery cleaner from here:

click here

and run it, AFTER you have backed up your registry.

(to backup your registery go to Start/Run/ type in 'regedit' without the ' marks and press ok. Then go to File/Export and export a copy of your registry files to 'My Documents', giving it a name you will remember).

Once you have backed your registry up, run the Registry cleaner you installed from Majorgeek website.

If you are not too sure about running the Registry cleaner then post back here.

Once you have run Ccleaner and the registery cleaner reboot your pc and reinsatll the webcam program.

If if still doesnt work right click your task bar and left click 'Task manager'. You will see the Task manager box which at the top has a 'Processes' tab. Left click this and you should see which other programs are running.

Mike

bof:) 12:21 17 Jul 07

Also have a look in Control Panel/Cmera and scanners see if anything is already in there.

Before installing the webcam unplug all printers scanners etc. Then install webcam.

Mike

donald59 22:15 21 Jul 07

Despite following the recommendations of one of the guys on here, this problem still remains unresolved. Does anyone else have any idea as to how to correct this problem. I have unistalled and re-installed the webcam and msn messenger several times to no avail, and I have come to the end of line as to what may be causing the problem. My computer is coming up with error messages suggesting that the camera is in use by another programme, but clearly, it is not, and why it should say this, remains a mystery.
Any further assistance to solve this enigman,should be appreciated guys = thanks.

woodchip 22:20 21 Jul 07

If you have NetMeeting on your Comp, that may have grabbed the camera. Open NetMeeting to find out

woodchip 22:21 21 Jul 07

PS you should load any CD you get with Hardware Before Plugging in USB items

Stuartli 22:30 21 Jul 07

On the screen which appears (that should display the webcam's output), is there a Devices tab at the top of the screen?

If so, click on it. It should list your webcam, but will also list other similar devices if you have any.

You need to Enable the webcam as the Default device.

rdave13 22:46 21 Jul 07

Try this. Uninstall MSN and run Ccleaner, reboot. Download windows live messenger and log in. Minimize.
Uninstall all logitec software after removing the camera from the usb port. Again run the "issues" tab in Ccleaner. Reboot.
Plug in the web cam. Wait for windows to find new hardware.
Maximize windows live messenger and go to tools and webcam settings. See if the webcam works then. If not suggest the camera is duff.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…