Logitech webcam built in microphone??

Cooter 18:10 12 Apr 03

i have recently bought a logitech procam 4000. it has a built in mic which gives good playback sound when just recording short videos etc however when using it on instant messengers my voice is barely recognisable. is this the norm while broadcasting across the internet or are built in mic's aload of rubbish!!?

Infamous 18:25 12 Apr 03

I have the same web cam. The sound is ok when broadcasting accros the net, wot type of connection u have? i would try the wizard in the messenger program and turn the mic voloume up a bit. Because u got to be quite near it to pick up well

Cooter 18:43 12 Apr 03

thanx infamous,i will try that. by the way i am on broadband but i was trying to talk to my father who is on a normal dial-up connection,would that be the problem do you think? also it was yahoo messenger i was using.

Infamous 18:34 14 Apr 03

Sorry for the late reply, It could be but i do talk to my cousin alot in canada and he can hear me quite well hes on dial up too. So it all depends! but the mic is ok standard!

crx16 18:40 14 Apr 03

look to control panel\sounds\voice\volume control\advanced should be a check box for 'mic boost(20db)'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…