Logitech Web Cam – camera already in use

cornflakes 11:08 13 Apr 06

Logitech Web Cam – unable to access camera
Hello, I do hope someone can help me! I have a “Logitech Quickcam Express” USB web cam and I am having problems accessing the camera.
When I load the Logitech software, I can see an image through the camera quite well, but having once accessed MS Messenger, I can no longer access the camera. Both MS Messenger and the Logitech both report that the camera is in use by another device, even though I don’t have any other programs running (even having closed down either Logitech or Messenger to ensure that one is not conflicting with the other).
I am using Windows XP Home (SP2 & updates) and have downloaded and installed the latest Direct X drivers – MS Messenger – Logitech software. I have tried installing the camera having first disconnected all other USB devices but all of these make no difference. The camera is still reported as “being in use by another device”.
The PC is home built, using an ASUS A8N-E motherboard – AMD Athlon 3200 processor – 1gb RAM – Gigabite GeForce 6200 Turbocashe 64/256 graphics card. I use the Windows XP firewall – AVG (free version) anti-virus – Norton Go-Back and my Broadband connection is with Tiscali. Device manager reports no conflicts.
The camera was bought as one of an identical pair so that we could communicate with our son and granddaughter (aged only 4), who live 250 miles away. Our son has the other camera and we can see them with no problems using Messenger and I am at a loss as what to do next. Can anyone help……PLEASE?
TONY C

johnnyrocker 13:12 13 Apr 06

was the camera installed properly? i believe some say do not connect camera til asked to? have a try with yahoo messenger as it may be an msn issue depending on the version you have.

johnny.

cornflakes 15:19 14 Apr 06

Thanks for replying Johnnyrocker. I have followed the Logitech installation instructions and the camera does install, but the problem is as I have outlined.
I don't really want to use anything other than Messenger as many of our friends and relations are already using it as am I - But why can't I get the camera to work with it???
Thanks again for trying, I guess I will stick with it until I find the answer.......Tony C

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…