Logitech setpoint back up settings ?

FatboySlim71 09:07 05 Jul 07

I have a Logitech MX1000 mouse and a Logitech Media keyboard I am also running Windows XP Pro. The setpoint software that comes with the mentioned hardware, allows me to configure a function, launch a program etc by pressing a programmable button/s on my keyboard. I was wondering if anyone knows where the settings are stored that tells the setpoint software what function is assigned to what key etc, so that if needs be I could copy this settings file? back over on to my PC, in the event for example where the setpoint software had lost the function/setting of that key/button.

FatboySlim71 11:59 05 Jul 07

bump

FatboySlim71 20:06 05 Jul 07

bump

FatboySlim71 21:31 05 Jul 07

bump

umbongo(uk) 23:17 05 Jul 07

its in the folder that says logitech

woodchip 23:22 05 Jul 07

If you see a Mouse in System tray near clock, double click on it or right click it

umbongo(uk) 00:04 06 Jul 07

he,s after the file with the macro setting,s in ,to save instead of re entering them in in case of a failure

im not too sure what your asking, hope this helps: i had a logitech wireless, battery powered keyboard and mouse set, set point installed. if you change settings you can restore with the logitech control panel. i bought a new wired keyboard (ps2) and a logitech revolution mouse, uninstalled setpoint with add/ remove. removed keyboard from device manager, rebooted windows found m/media keyboard all works fine (inc all shortcut keys and volume etc) redownloaded set point it worked out mouse only and reinstalled.

FatboySlim71 09:17 06 Jul 07

Thank you all for the help, sorry for the delay and I should have explained more clearly. umbongo(uk) you are correct, thats exactly what I am wanting to do.

Basically the settings/function etc that I have assigned to one of the 4 programmable keys on my keyboard by using the Logitech setpoint software, I was wondering if it is possible to back up these settings so that if my setpoint software loses these settings for the programmable keys, I would then be able to copy the settings file back on to my PC and restore the functions that were assigned to the programmable keys. I hope this makes sense lol.

umbongo(uk) 14:39 06 Jul 07

right fatboy here,s the walkthru on your issue

open program files search for logitech folder
open it open the one inside look for the folder named macros thats the one you need to copy/ burn it to disc etc

just replace this folder each time you need it to put the already saved macros back on

FatboySlim71 16:08 06 Jul 07

Thank you very very much umbongo(uk) it really is much appreciated. I'll give it a try now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5