Logitech Scroll Wheel PS/2 Mouse cursor freezes

Ashar 11:22 26 Jul 04

Dear Friends

The cursor of my desktop p3 sys running Win Me freezes at startup every day. It sometimes returns to normal state after some 20-25 minutes automatically & works fine But again freezes the next day when I power ON my PC.
I'm able to use the Right & Left click function.
I'm also able to move cursor with Mouse Key feature offered by Window ME. But I'm not able to move sursor using the mouse
I've Logitech Scroll Wheel PS/2 mouse with Mouseware 9.11 software. No virus found with Mcafee 5.21 updated dat + engine file.
Is this a hardware problem? How can I uninstall & reinstall this mouse.
I believe I'll have to remove the driver software supplied with this mouse if I wish to try another
mouse.
My mouse is not battery operated
Could you please guide me?
Thanking You
Ashar

Diemmess 13:19 26 Jul 04

I use the same mouse and find it doesn't need drivers - even for Win98SE.

You can certainly try removing the drivers, because if I am right then Windows will the necessary back at the next bootup.

I don't think it is a direct hardware problem, rather a conflict probably between software items, and there's the rub.........

Suggest you load windows after ensuring that as little as possible is running at startup. Then if the mouse is happy again, add the other startup items manually and one at a time checking as you go until something upsets it all.

gold 47 13:34 26 Jul 04

I have never used mouse drivers the mouse should be connected to the PS/2 SOCKET or the USB SOCKET on the back panel of your computer and not a USB hub or USB 1 or 2 card in my view for what it's worth.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…