Logitech QuickCam Install

tonyq 20:21 10 Jan 07

I am trying to install a "Logitech QuickCam Messenger" webcam so far without success,it starts to install, then after a while a box comes up "File Progress" then the install freezes and goes no further. Have downloaded the latest drivers ect from Logitech. Have tried installing with firewall/antivirus disabled,same result. Using Win XP Home with all updates.

Stuartli 20:26 10 Jan 07

I presume it's a USB webcam. The drivers and/or software should be installed first and the webcam connected when advised.

tonyq 20:37 10 Jan 07

yes it is a USB,I am trying to install without the webcam installed. Even Downloaded updated software and tried that.

tonyq 20:38 10 Jan 07

yes it is a USB,I am trying to install without the webcam installed. Even Downloaded updated software and tried that.

ArrGee 20:46 10 Jan 07

The cam has to be installed for the messenger to work. Whether the cam is not plugged in after installation or not does not mattter, but you need to go through full install first (including cam).

tonyq 20:51 10 Jan 07

Thats my problem, I cannot install the software/drivers from the CD.

mymate 20:55 10 Jan 07

What about getting the software for it from Logitech web site .Not sure this is your webcam model click here

BRYNIT 21:05 10 Jan 07

Try emptying the Temp file in C:\documents and setting\user name\local settings\temp. Sometimes files left in this folder from a previous install that has failed can prevent the program being reinstalled.

tonyq 21:06 10 Jan 07

That is what I have downloaded and tried.

tonyq 21:12 10 Jan 07

my last posting was in reply to "mymate",in reply to BRYNIT that folder was empty.

Border View 21:13 10 Jan 07

I had a similar problem when I tried downloading the latest drivers. In the end I uninstalled the latest drivers by doing a system restore. I then turned off the internet connection, antivirus and firewall. Installed the software (drivers) from the disc which came with the web cam. It worked first time. Then reactivated antivirus and firewall and connected to internet. Works perfectly with Skype. Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…