Logitech optical mouse installation problems

Field Division 16:03 27 Sep 06

Hi all,
I trying to install a logitech optical mouse..my O/S is win2000,I see it in device manager with yellow exclimation mark next to it.I uploaded the latest drivers for this controller,but when Windows boots up I dont even get a cursor.in the box which the mouse came in doesnt have any installation insruction's,maybe I aint pressing the connect buttons on controller and mouse at the correct time.might try a converter to usb.

Thanks

Diemmess 16:46 27 Sep 06

What type of connection is on the end of the mouse lead? Is it PS2 (like a mini DIN plug) or is it USB?

STREETWORK 18:55 27 Sep 06

Unintall the software and drivers. Remove the mouse. Reinstall the drivers. Switch off the PC. Connect the mouse. Restart PC. Windows will detect the new device and load the drivers for it...

Field Division 23:21 27 Sep 06

It's PS2..And I have tried uninstall and boot back up but still got yellow mark against it..bit hard trying to reinstall drivers with mouse disconnected Streetwork..going in to work wi a din to usb connector tomoro to see if that helps,bloody work have to be so back dated with win2000..

Cheers guys anyway

terryf 05:31 28 Sep 06

Did the mouse come with a CD?

terryf 05:33 28 Sep 06

PS, my computer will work with both a wireless and a ps2 mouse plugged in at the same time, usefull if I boot up and the wireless drivers aren't installed

Field Division 15:05 28 Sep 06

Na no CD..forgot to lift connector on my way to work this morning,

STREETWORK 15:17 28 Sep 06

You can boot without the mouse, you just have to use the keyboard, eg. Ctrl and Esc = start menu...

Field Division 15:18 29 Sep 06

Sorted..unplugged/unistalled/reboot/loaded a Logitech disk that was lying around in work and hey presto!!!

Thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…