Logitech Optical Mouse

User-178362 00:56 12 Oct 05

My pointer sometimes disappears off the page. I move the mouse around but the pointer just isn't there. Now I have just witnessed the pointer jump up and down many times without me doing anything to it. I have only had this mouse a few weeks do you think it is faulty? A friend also noticed it, and thought it might have been my mat.

Starfox 02:08 12 Oct 05

Try cleaning the optical sensor with a cotton bud and try using a blank A4 sheet of paper for a mousemat and see if it makes a difference.

If not you should re-install the drivers from the disc that came with the mouse(that cured a similar problem with my Logitech mouse).

Post back if no luck.

AndySD 04:29 12 Oct 05

Which Mouse as I have seen this a couple of times and have had to use the usb coverter to connect the mouse up to the round (PS2) connection on the pc to solve this.

Starfox 13:03 12 Oct 05

Good point there,I find that my Logitech mouse works much better connected to the PS/2 port than through USB!

User-178362 14:26 13 Oct 05

Logitech Click Optical Mouse. Thats what is on the box. I will take the mouse back Friday and exchange it. Keeping this open it happen again. I have cleaned the mouse and now using paper for a mat, I did install the disk when I first noticed it happening. Thank you.

Totally-braindead 19:57 13 Oct 05

I had a Logitech Optical mouse and found it would do rather strange things but mine was a cordless one and I thought most of the problems were power related. I now am using a Microsoft corded optical mouse, the basic one and its fine.

Ancient Learner 20:14 13 Oct 05

I use 2 Logitech Optical mice. One on the 'tower' PC and connected via the round PS2 connection, and the other to the Laptop via the USB. Both work fine!

It might be interesting to see how this mouse performed on another PC,. but I appreciate that that might not be practical

LATESTARTER 23:55 28 Nov 05

I am finding it difficult to choose a CORDED optical mouse. Someone told me I should buy a SEALED? Optical Mouse. Are not all the optical mouse sealed? The prices vary a great deal and I wonder what additional features etc the more expensive mice have and whether they are worth paying the extra for. Your comments would be appreciated.

wee eddie 08:05 29 Nov 05

It cost me £9.50 about 3 years ago.

Every now and again it displays similar behaviour the those of seaprincess.

The cause is frequently a tiny piece of hair, or fluff, vibrating in the line of the reading lamp. A paint brush is my usual solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…