Logitech MX1000 Laser Mouse

ds7183 12:23 10 Jan 08

Hi Every time I place the mouse into its receiver a pop-up box appears in the bottom right hand corner of the screen saying 'Your MX 1000 Laser Mouse's Batteries are critical'. I do not understand why this is happening (it has been doing it for about 4 months) as it is a rechargeable item and the batteries in the mouse cannot be replaced as far as I know. The mouse has 3 green lights on. I have asked Logitech and they are talking about the Logitech SetPoint files being corrupt and to reinstall but in Clean Boot. This is far beyond my knowledge so does anyone know an easier way please. Thanks Di

donki 12:37 10 Jan 08

U need to go into ur windows control panel and selecting the install/uninstall programs. Find the Logitech setpoint application and then unintall it. THen reinstall using either the disk, or download it from the Logitech website. Im affraid its the only thing you can do, I very much doubt that its a hardware problem. If u need any more help or a more detailed walk through just ask.

ds7183 16:29 10 Jan 08

I have tried that and it is just the same. This is the message I got back from Logitech which I do not understand. I imagine you will but I am not that computer literate I'm afraid.

'I am sorry to learn that you are getting an error message stating that batteries are critical.

You could experience this issue when the SetPoint files are corrupt or missing. Hence I request you to remove any traces of the Logitech software on your computer and then install the latest version of the software on your system as given below.

1. Remove the Logitech software.

a. Click on Start and then click on Control Panel.
b. Open the option Add/Remove programs
c. Select the SetPoint software application and remove it by clicking on the Remove tab.
d. Delete the folder (if present)

C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Logitech\SetPoint

Check whether the devices are working properly with the native drivers of the system.

2. Prepare the system for Logitech software installation.

a. Download the latest version of software for your device from the following URL:

click here=

b. Please perform a clean boot on your system. When you clean boot, you can temporarily eliminate unnecessary programs from running in memory. This can isolate a software conflict that may cause problems with the functioning of your Logitech product. We have outlined the process for your convenience at the following URL:

click here;en-us;310353

3. Please ensure that you have disabled any firewall or anti-virus software on your computer.

4. Install the Logitech software:

a. Double-Click the icon for the SetPoint download file.
b. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.

5. Return Windows to its normal state

a. Please restart your system.
b. You can now enable the firewall or anti-virus software.
t that computer literate I'm afraid.

project 90 17:26 10 Jan 08

how about u buy a new wired mouse far better any way g5 £35 that the easiest solutin i can think of

never likeed wireless stuff for my pc wires for the win :)

ened 17:56 10 Jan 08

I have the same mouse and an LX700 keyboard.

Whilst I do not have your problem I have experienced problems with the Set Point Software.

My present machine is a Vista and I had to completely re-install the software - it still has a couple of problems, like the diagram of the two is greyed out when I am trying to change the jobs of the buttons.

Go to the Logitech site and download the latest SetPoint drivers, then uninstall all Logitech and SetPoint software. Then, to make sure, do a search for it.

All it should show is the last download.

I have found they are not kidding when they tell you to disable the firewall etc.

It seems any little thing can upset the installation and result in it not running properly.

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…