Logitech marble mouse and windows vista

sugarbabe 10:58 08 Oct 07

Trying to get a quite old logitech marble mouse to work on a new windows vista pc. Have brought an adapter so it will work on a usb connection and have downloaded drivers from logitech website for vista. But on device manager doesn't come up as a mouse i think it is listed under usb interface device any ideas???

thms 11:09 08 Oct 07

Try connecting without the adaptor and see what happens.

sugarbabe 11:11 08 Oct 07

can't connect without the adapter it only has usb slots on the new pc and the mouse has an old fashioned connector (sorry is it called ps2)

thms 11:29 08 Oct 07

Yes it's a ps2. Strange that you don't have a connector for this they are usually purple and green and located at the rear of your computer.

Saying that I am not sure with new computers as I build my own.

You could try going to device manager and if there is a reference to a mouse there uninstall it and reboot your computer with the logitech mouse connected and see if it will detect it.

sugarbabe 11:31 08 Oct 07

ok will try to uninstall and re install. any other ideas??

thms 11:32 08 Oct 07

Another option. If you are connecting via a usb at the front of your computer change this to a connection at the rear of your computer.

sugarbabe 11:33 08 Oct 07

tried front and back already didn't make any difference

thms 12:23 08 Oct 07

Uninstall logitech drivers and reboot.
Vista should detect your mouse.
If not try in different usb slot.
Silly question I know but you only have the logitech mouse connected I take it.

sugarbabe 12:33 08 Oct 07

yes only have one mouse attached. vista doesn't recognise as mouse calls it a usb interface

thms 12:48 08 Oct 07

If by usb interface do you mean Human Interface device? If so this is normal as my logitech cordless mouse shows up as that.

If you go to control panel under hardware/sound click on mouse and it should show you the settings for your mouse.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5