Logitech LX 700 Keyboard

paddy75 13:07 31 Mar 05

Hi All, Got my new cordless keyboard and mouse yesterday,mouse works fine but the software supplied will only install mouse settings,the keyboard letter keys will work but i need the software to be able to program the other keys,went onto Logitech site and downloaded latest drivers but again only mouse came up when installed.I Have E Mailed them but they said it could be up to 48 hours before they get back to me.When i put in the cd in it gives you the option to install mouse&keyboard, mouse or keboard only i have tried all options but to no avail,hope some of you have an answer Paddy.

jbp1982 15:28 06 Apr 05

I couldn't figure this out for the life of me. Please let me know your solution if ya get one.

I ended up with Logitech wired media keyboard and a Microsoft cordless platinum explrer 2.0 mouse.

paddy75 22:44 06 Apr 05

jbp1982,this is the response i got from Logitech and it worked.(Thank you for contacting Logitech's Electronic Technical Support.

I understand that you do not have the My Keyboard tab in the SetPoint software.

The issue you are experiencing is most likely due to improper detection of the keyboard on your system.

If you are using a PS/2 connection then use the USB connection to connect the receiver to the computer. If you are using a USB connection then use a PS/2 connection. For Cordless Desktops with a USB and PS/2 connections, the proper connection procedure is to use the two PS/2 connections, OR the single USB connection.

PS/2 Port Connection: Both connections have to be made to their proper PS/2 port.
USB Port Connection: One USB connection will control both devices. The extra PS/2 plug should not be connected.

Please ensure that you have connected the Cordless Desktop to the computer directly not via any pass-through devices. Examples of a pass-through device are switch boxes, extension cables, KVM (Keyboard Video and mouse combination) switches, port replicators, third party port adapters or converters and y-adapters.

If the issue persists, please follow the steps given below to ensure that the keyboard is getting detected properly on your system.

1. Remove the Logitech software.

a. Open the Windows Control Panel.
b. Open the Add / Remove Programs Window.
c. Locate the listing for Logitech SetPoint and remove it.
d. Delete the folder (if present)

C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Logitech\SetPoint

2. Uninstall the device from the Device Manager.

a. Click "Start," "Settings," then "Control Panel".
b. Double click on the "System" icon.
c. Click on the Hardware tab, then the Device Manger button.
d. Right click on the entry for the Logitech keyboard and click on uninstall.
e. Restart your system.

3. Prepare the system for Logitech software installation.

a. Download the latest version of software for your device from the following URL:

click here

b. Please perform a clean boot on your system. When you boot clean, you can temporarily eliminate unnecessary programs from running in memory. This can isolate a software conflict that may cause problems with the functioning of your Logitech product. We have outlined the process for your convenience at the following URL:

click here;en-us;310353

4. Please ensure that you have disabled any firewall or anti-virus software on your computer.

5. Install the Logitech software:

a. Double-Click the icon for the SetPoint 2.14 download file.
b. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.

6. Return Windows to its normal state

a. Please restart your system.
b. You can now enable the firewall or anti-virus software.

Should the above solution fail to resolve the issue, please do not hesitate to write back to me.

If you have any additional questions regarding your product, please feel free to visit our website at click here

Kind Regards,

Maryjiji John
Logitech Europe SA
European Customer Support

jbp1982,the funny thing is the software will only install what it detects ie k,board or mouse
i tried it on 2 other computers whith their own k,boards and mice and it woudl'nt install at all,thats what baffled me and probley you as well,anyway hope this helps.Paddy

jbp1982 10:32 07 Apr 05

Paddy thanks for that.

I have copied it off here for future reference.

When I couldn't get them working I changed for a logitech keyboard and Microsoft platinum mouse, but may well buy them again.

Thanks again

JBP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…