Logitech Game Controllers Installation in XP

mikejd1972 21:29 20 Oct 03

I have windows Xp and recently bought the Logitech Attack 3 joystick and wingman action pad. However, even with the provided driver and the more up to date one on the logitech site i cannot install either of them. The add hardware utility pops up with a "Code 28"error message - "the drivers for this device are not installed", also "driver installation device missing a necessary entry" AND "logitech virtual bus enumerator has not passsed windows logo testing to verify its compatibility with windows xp." However, my logitech keyboard and mouse are fine and were detected by xp first time.

How do I successfully install the joystick and gamepad?

hugh-265156 22:19 20 Oct 03

download the drivers(this is a one size fits all for gaming devices) click here

do not connect your joysitck/pad yet

run the installer and plug in the joystick/pad when prompted to do so,it will search and find the logitech hardware and install it.once done,then calibrate them and set up game profiles etc if you want to.

if you plug in the joystick before it tells you to then windows will try an install them and it gets a bit confusing,thats maybe what happened.

hugh-265156 22:23 20 Oct 03

ps,the driver testing thing,dont worry about this.it costs money for logitech to get their drivers tested by microsoft for xp.windows is just being cautious in warning you.

you can turn of the warnings in control panel/system/hardware/driver signing if you want.

mikejd1972 22:29 20 Oct 03

Did try this and didnt work, skipped through the warnings but still neither the joystick nor the gamepad would work

hugh-265156 22:47 20 Oct 03

not sure.the logitec utility should work with your joystick ok.i even got it to work perfectly with a playstation 2 logitech force feedback wheel of all things.

are you logged on as an administrator?you need to be for it to install.

microsoft say code 28 click here

getting this code 28 error makes me think the joystick was plugged in before the utillity asked you to and windows was trying to install its own drivers for the device,these may work but you may lose certain functions.

click here for FAQ`S

hugh-265156 22:57 20 Oct 03

just had a quick look in

start/control panel/game controlers/add

if you scroll down there is a xp driver listing for "logitech wingman digital devices"

this may work with the joystick.have not tried it myself.as above the 11 programable buttons may not work.

mikejd1972 23:01 20 Oct 03

Cheers, going to have another go!

dfghjkl 23:37 20 Oct 03

i am running xp pro and just plugged wingman into usb and it installed it without clicking anything,so dont give up it will be there in the end

mikejd1972 23:41 20 Oct 03

Tried to download the software but keeps getting interrupted! Now disabled the driver signing option and will have a go using driver that came with the gamepad, please work!!!!

mikejd1972 23:50 20 Oct 03

Nope, nothing worked, looks like a call to tech support tommorrow, bugger!

hugh-265156 00:10 21 Oct 03

try a download manager,it will let you resume a download from where it left off if your connection gets cut off. click here

did you uninstall the previous utillity before installing the new one?

do you have any programs running in the background that may conflict with the instalation?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…