Logitech cordless optical mouse problem

Non Welsh Local 08:48 24 May 03

Hi all,

My wife changed the batteries in our home pc optical cordless mouse and it now won't work. Unfortunately I'm 6000 miles away so can't help much from here! What is the sequence of button pushes to activate the mouse (and keyboard as it is a cordless keyboard as well, part of the desktop Navigator package). Note the keyboard is working but the mouse isn't. Please bear in mind that the instructions will need to be clear and easy to follow!

Thanks.

anchor 09:14 24 May 03

I suppose it might not be something simple like the batteries having inserted the wrong way round. I did this once, with the polarity reversed, and my cordless mouse did not work either.

Forgive me, if I am stating the obvious.

Carafaraday 09:37 24 May 03

I believe there is a button on the top of the receiving bit - if you press that it reactivates the connection between mouse and 'bit'.

Carafaraday 09:50 24 May 03

just looked at the instructions - 'press connect button on receiver; press connect button on bottom of mouse'. Hope this works.

Rayuk 10:11 24 May 03

Connect button on mouse is extremely small you need a biro or pencil to press it,on mine it is indicated by a small red dot.

hssutton 10:15 24 May 03

As an intensive user of the above epsecially the mouse ( Ihave to change batteries every 2 - 3 weeks)I have never found it neccessary to press any of the buttons. My first thoughts are the same as anchors

Non Welsh Local 10:42 24 May 03

I checked the Logitech site and they recommend that sometimes when the batteries are changed it is necessary to re-synch and to do this the procedure is : remove batteries from mouse then press and hold button on receiver for 10 seconds then replace batteries and then press connect button on mouse. And it worked! (and yes she did have the batteries in the correct way).

Carafaraday 10:45 24 May 03

If you change the batteries immediately the message saying battery low comes up, and you get them in and out fairly swiftly, you don't need to reactivate the connection.

grumps2001uk 11:22 24 May 03

have you got the mouse where you can change the frequencies i have there is a small slider you need a ball pen to move normally if so try to put it on other number

grumps2001uk 11:27 24 May 03

Sorry wasnt clear about mine it has 1&2 on mouse and1&2 on receiver it is normally used when you have networking to avoid interfering with other user

AubreyS 11:41 24 May 03

Yes, if you do as Carafaraday say's i.e. Press button on receiver (a box should come up, Connect Device)Press the cancel button. Then press the small button on the bottom of the mouse that should do it. My mouse, A Cordless Mouseman Optical devours batteries like its having its last meal. I use rechargeable one's. I just swap them over with a nearby cordless phone's batteries. Hope this has been of use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now