Logitech cordless...

nick_j007 22:36 22 Aug 03

My rather nice, new MX 700 is up and running with no problems, but tell me, will it be better in my USB then my PS/2? The PS/2 is preferable for me as I only have two USB slots on my laptop.

Anyone out there do any gaming with theirs such as MOH? I think I will still have to use the keyboard for movement as well right?

Many thanks as always, Nick Jones

Blitzer 23:06 22 Aug 03

I have one of these mice on each of my two machines. I really like mine, they look good, cordless, optical and the batteries running out is just not an issue. :)

As for the USB Vs PS/2 question - I'm not sure but doesn't it have to use the USB port in order to supply power to the charger/receiver station? =-s

I do use mine for gaming, but TBH it's not as good as my previous cordless Logitech mouse that had a ball rather than being optical. Personally I think the other benefits of the mouse are worth the trade-off and I suppose I could switch back to the old maouse for gaming if I really wanted to.

Hope this has helped. :)

whybe 00:43 23 Aug 03

I've got a Logitech Optical cordless trackball, the receiver although having a USB plug had a converter to PS/2. My instructions recommended that it be connected to PS/2 which was a good job as I couldn't get it to work via USB.

nick_j007 08:52 23 Aug 03

So it will stay in PS/2 then. I just thought I might lose some speed and responsivity via PS/2.
Blitzer...it works fine either way so PS/2 must be powering it too.
Nowhere does it 'recommend' for me to do this, but like you say whybe it's just as well given my lack of USB's.

Thanks, Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…