logitech and COMMANCHE 4

craigy1 19:22 13 Nov 03

hi.

I have commanche 4 on my XP pc.

My problem is that I want to use a new joystick with it. I have tried the Microsoft sidewinder game pad pro USB and the Logitech Attack 3 Joystick. My problem is that although XP says the controllers are working fine, when I try to complete a mission it looks like the commanche is just going round in circles.

Is there any way around this or does Commanche work in a DOS box and are these joysticks digital only.

Also I have took the logitech back to pcworld and got the sidewinder instead. I would have preferred the joystick instead of the game pad so if anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks

Craigy

hugh-265156 19:50 13 Nov 03

i have an attack 3 joystick,dont have commanche but i have no problems with it working in any of my games(mostly flight sims)

are you using the logitech profiler? usb joysticks are callabrated automatically.

dont use xp`s own driver use logitechs click here and download a game profile for commanche to get all the buttons set up properly click here

craigy1 19:53 13 Nov 03

well it seems that commanche uses the serial port to work its joysticks.

I have plugged my old one in and it will connect with that type, but it doesnt seem to work with usb joysticks.

Does anyone know of a new joystick that has serial with it?

hugh-265156 20:04 13 Nov 03

seems strange that logitech have game profiles for the attack 3 then.

most joysticks use usb now,most serial port jobbies i have used are a bit crusty and cannot recommend any sorry.

hugh-265156 20:05 13 Nov 03

saitek one click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5