logitech and COMMANCHE 4

craigy1 19:22 13 Nov 03

hi.

I have commanche 4 on my XP pc.

My problem is that I want to use a new joystick with it. I have tried the Microsoft sidewinder game pad pro USB and the Logitech Attack 3 Joystick. My problem is that although XP says the controllers are working fine, when I try to complete a mission it looks like the commanche is just going round in circles.

Is there any way around this or does Commanche work in a DOS box and are these joysticks digital only.

Also I have took the logitech back to pcworld and got the sidewinder instead. I would have preferred the joystick instead of the game pad so if anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks

Craigy

hugh-265156 19:50 13 Nov 03

i have an attack 3 joystick,dont have commanche but i have no problems with it working in any of my games(mostly flight sims)

are you using the logitech profiler? usb joysticks are callabrated automatically.

dont use xp`s own driver use logitechs click here and download a game profile for commanche to get all the buttons set up properly click here

craigy1 19:53 13 Nov 03

well it seems that commanche uses the serial port to work its joysticks.

I have plugged my old one in and it will connect with that type, but it doesnt seem to work with usb joysticks.

Does anyone know of a new joystick that has serial with it?

hugh-265156 20:04 13 Nov 03

seems strange that logitech have game profiles for the attack 3 then.

most joysticks use usb now,most serial port jobbies i have used are a bit crusty and cannot recommend any sorry.

hugh-265156 20:05 13 Nov 03

saitek one click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…