logitech cam and msn messenger problem

gumtree 02:46 04 Dec 05

Hi, I'm having problems using my microphone on my Logitech 8.0 cam and msn messenger. I have gone through the setup procedure and set the recording device as camera and playback as ESS Audiodrive. But when i test the hardware, even though it seems to record, when I playback i get a loud screeching noise.
When I record a video through Logitech software it all works fine. And I can receive voice messages from other people using msn messenger.

i would appreciate any info anyone has.
thanks

johnnyrocker 10:28 04 Dec 05

msn messenger is very flaky on voice i use yahoo for voice and msn for vision works a treat.

johnny.

DieSse 11:27 04 Dec 05

I never have problems of any kind with voice or vision with MSN Messenger - and I use it frequently.

Is the microphone incorporated in the camera, or a seperate headset? ow is it connected to the PC - via USB or via the soundcard?

gumtree 09:26 05 Dec 05

well im not sure how i did it but it seems to be working but badly. i am using the mike from the cam as the pc/monitor one i think is worse. Its connected by USB. I downloaded the cam driver again which may have made it work, i dont know.
But its not clear at either end.
Is it better to use a separate mike with msn voice? (and not use the cam or pc mikes). I have thought of combining yahoo and msn but havent got around to that.

DieSse 09:34 05 Dec 05

A headset (earphones + mic) produces the best results. You can get very inexpensive ones, or for better quality a comfort I use a Logitech US one.

As a bonus it's good enough to listen to music in good quality, without disturbing anyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…