Logitech 2:1 Sub Problem.

The Funktopus 16:16 24 Feb 07

Hi guys,

I'm having some trouble with a Logitech 2:1 speaker system that I've owned for a few months, in that it seems to be caught up in an Earth loop
(i.e that the subwoofer now emits a low monotone growl when the system is connected to the speaker port at the back of the PC). I've tested the speakers on both another PC and an MP-3 player, and on both occassions, it's performed faultlessly, which sort of rules out the speakers themselves.

The only clue I have is that this has come about since installing a new PSU last week, a Hiper Type R 580W modular unit, and I honestly can't see how that would cause this, thus I'm at a loss as to how I could go about solving the problem. The only conclusion I could speculate about is that somehow, something is either touching the casing and causing the earthing problem, or that one of the leads/connections isn't shielded properly, but I haven't a clue what I could do if that turns out to be the case. Therefore, I thought I'd ask to see if anyone here has encountered a similar problem before, and if so, how you went about solving it?

Many thanks in advance, Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5