Logitec Webcam - Stange Shutdowns & Damage Risk?

$ix 21:52 30 Apr 06

i was given a webcam a few years ago, its a fully working good quilaty camera, it has been installed on my windows 98 for some time now and since i use our newer PC (XP) i decided to set it up on this.

i installed, restarted after installation. and everything was done, i went to msn and it wasnt reading the webcam.

i went on the program that was installed with it called "Image Studio" and had the option to take a picture or record a video.

i did a little test with the video and within 5 seconds a blue screen appeared stating that risk of damage, windows shutting down.

backing up system files.... (PERCENTAGE)

i then restarted, tried to record a video again thinking it was a co-incidence (nothing to do with the webcam)

and the exact same thing happened again.

the PC then was acting strange and slow, nothing was working properly and image studio starts automatically when windows starts (how do i turn this off, not in startup, i checked preferances and options and nothing was found to turn this off)

i uninstalled, and the next day (today) ive posted here to get help on why these problems occured and how i can fix them.

GuZ.0r 21:56 30 Apr 06

To stop it starting up

use this program >>>> click here

startup inspector

johnnyrocker 23:39 30 Apr 06

i believe some cams software ask that one does not connect cam til told to, did you follow this if applicable?

johnny.

$ix 06:37 01 May 06

no i didnt, but it didnt say not to connect, just havewas through installation it said connect and i took it and and plugge dit in again and it continiued.

€dstowe 06:52 01 May 06

Perhaps a System Restore is in order - or a re-install from the backup you made before you loaded the webcam software. (You did make that didn't you?)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…