Login pages 'hang'

dagbladet 09:11 29 Jul 09

XP sp3
Firefox and Chrome
2wire router
TalkTalk B/band connection
Connected directly via ethernet port.

This has just started happening. Generally the internet connection is fine. However there appears to be some kind of problem with pages that require login. Some examples are login pages at igoogle, yahoo mail, banks etc. These pages will either not load correctly or when the (correct) username and password is entered the page will just attempt to load for ages before timing out. This happens with both Firefox and Chrome. I've tried clearing the cache (via CCleaner), there is no software firewall running, i've tried temporarily disabling AV, none of which works. All of the problem pages work correctly when using a laptop, connected wirelessly through the same router. I've run superantispyware and Adaware, both of which found the usual surfing bits and bobs but didn't fix the problem.

Any ideas please folks?

User-1229748 10:46 29 Jul 09

i've had the odd login problem while using opera lately but the login is ok when i use internet explorer.if you use internet explorer does it login ok?

dagbladet 10:57 29 Jul 09

For some reason I've been unable to get IE to work at all for a couple of years. It opens and imediatley closes down a few seconds later. I've tried to un-install/re-install, upgrade/downgrade all with the same result.

dagbladet 10:58 29 Jul 09

immediately

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017