login page wont appear

Quilljar 16:17 24 Jan 08

I can get to my bank and to my building society sites but when I click on the log-in bar in each case I get 'This page is not available refresh'
But clicking Refresh does nothing either any suggestions?

hiwatt 16:53 24 Jan 08

Try running ccleaner.This will empty your temp internet folders.Or manually do it and see if that helps.

birdface 17:01 24 Jan 08

Hi.What Firewall and A/V have you got running.

birdface 17:05 24 Jan 08

This from another thread.Not your problem.But might be.click here

ACOLYTE 17:34 24 Jan 08

You sure the login page is not down?,i know its a long shot but you never know.

Quilljar 18:09 24 Jan 08

Thanks for the answers everybody. The question was, in fact, on behalf of a friend. I had used CCleaner and cleaned up a lot of other stuff already, I thought maybe I had erased am applet that did the business. However, he is still using Windows 98 and I believe that it is probably now not secure enough for the banks as I tried several and it would not allow me in.
The popular remedy has been to order him a new laptop!

birdface 11:17 25 Jan 08

Probably a cookie problem then.C Cleaner will delete all cookies unless you save them.C Cleaner.Options.Cookies.Any cookies on the left hand box that you want to keep.You have to move them to your right hand box or the will get deleted when you scan.But you seem like a nice person ,So could you order me a new laptop as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…